Terms & Conditions
- These terms and conditions become effective upon the accepted by a customer of a quote issued by Wellington Event Hire. The customer accepts that they are bound by the following terms and conditions upon acceptance of the quote.
- The acceptance of the quote results in a formal hire agreement between Wellington Event Hire and the customer. The quote includes the following details:
- Customers name
- Date of delivery, delivery location and drop-off point or collection date and time if applicable.
- Collection date and time
- A list of all hire equipment and quantities
- The total quote amount, but excludes any additional charges that may apply as set out in these terms and conditions.
- These terms and conditions are between AJH Investments Limited (also referred to as Wellington Event Hire) and the customer. The customer refers to any person, company or individual that is hiring items.
- Hire equipment refers to the items set-out in the quote made by Wellington Event Hire to the customer. It also includes any items used to delivery and store the hire equipment.
- Hire equipment supplied by Wellington Event Hire remains the property of Wellington Event Hire. At no point does ownership of the hire equipment transfer to the customer.
- Wellington Event Hire’s premises is at:
69 Kaiwharawhara Rd
or such other address as notified by Wellington Event Hire from time to time.
Length of hire period
- Unless otherwise stated in the quote, the hire equipment is made available to the customer for a maximum period of 24 hours. The commencement of the hire period starts when the hire equipment is delivered by Wellington Event Hire at the agreed location, or when it is collected by the customer from Wellington Event Hire’s premises.
- If the hire equipment is not returned to Wellington Event Hire’s premises, or made available for collection at the agreed location, within the 24 hour period after the hire equipment is delivered, or collected, the customer will be charged the full hire cost plus an additional $100 administration fee for each 24 hour period that it remains unreturned.
- Wellington Event Hire, at its sole discretion, can agree to extend the length of the hire period without additional charge to the customer. Wellington Hire Company will only do so in writing and it is the customer’s responsibility to hold evidence of this agreement.
- If the customer does not return the hire equipment to Wellington Event Hire within five days, it will be considered theft and referred to the police.
Collection, Delivery, Acceptance and Risk
- Unless the customer is collecting the hire equipment from Wellington Event Hire’s premises, Wellington Event Hire (or any third party engaged by Wellington Event Hire) will deliver and collect the hire equipment to the location and drop-off point.
- The delivery location and drop-off point is as stipulated in the quote. Wellington Event Hire is not responsible for placing the hire equipment other than at the drop-off point.
- The customer confirms that they provide, and are duly authorised to do so, Wellington Event Hire and its agents, employees and subcontractors permission to enter and pass over the location to deliver, inspect, install, test, repair, service, replace, or repossess the hire equipment.
- The customer will ensure that the drop-off point is free from obstruction and that there is sufficient unloading space and access.
- Risk of damage to or loss of the hire equipment will pass to the customer immediately upon the hire equipment leaving the physical possession or control of Wellington Event Hire, either at its premises, or after it has been unloaded by a delivery vehicle of Wellington Event Hire or its agent.
- In the event that the customer requires delivery or collection (and Wellington Event Hire agrees to such delivery or collection) other than at the drop-off point, Wellington Event Hire reserves the right to charge additional delivery fees for the additional costs it incurs as a result.
- The customer is responsible for checking for quantities, faults or damage of the hire equipment immediately on delivery or collection of the hire equipment. Any claims of damages, faults or short supply must be made immediately to Wellington Event Hire at this time.
- The customer is not entitled to dispute the quantities, faults or damage or condition of the hire equipment after it has been collected or delivered. This includes where the customer was unable to inspect the hire equipment immediately on collection or delivery.
- The customer agrees to take proper care of the hire equipment once collected or delivered, and indemnifies Wellington Event Hire against any theft or damage as a result of fire, flooding, earthquakes, vandalism, confiscation, breakages or any other events resulting in loss or damage. The customer will take all reasonable steps to protect the hire equipment from weather that could damage the hire equipment or from improper use.
- The customer will operate the hire equipment with reasonable care and skill and where appropriate by someone appropriately qualified or trained to operate the hire equipment.
- Wellington Event Hire will provide relevant manufacturer's instructions to the customer with the hire equipment where necessary for the operating of the hire equipment or where requested by the customer. In the event that Wellington Event Hire does not provide relevant manufacturer's instructions the customer will notify Wellington Event Hire immediately in writing.
- Wellington Event Hire is not liable for any loss suffered by the customer or liability incurred by the customer as a result of damage or breakage to the hire equipment.
- The hire equipment must not be moved from any location unless agreed with Wellington Event Hire in writing.
- In the event of any damage or loss, the customer will be charged either the replacement cost (including shipping if applicable) or a minimum charge as detailed below.
- The following minimum charge will apply for damage, breakage or loss of the following items:
- Glassware - $5 per item, plus GST
- Dinner plates, side plates, bowls - $15 per item, plus GST
- Platters - $20 per item, plus GST
- Tables - $1,500 per item, plus GST
- Chairs - $200 per item, plus GST
- Where the customer has not viewed or inspected items prior to accepting the quote, they understand that while Wellington Event Hire describes items as well as possible on their website, it is not responsible where the customer finds items unsuitable.
Return of items
- Returning items means either making the hire equipment available for Wellington Event Hire to collect from the agreed drop-off point, or returned to Wellington Event Hire’s premises y the customer.
- All items must be returned in the same condition as they were delivered, or when they were collected by the customer.
- Where the customer returns the hire equipment to Wellington Event Hire at its premises (or such other location as may be agreed), risk of damage to or loss of the hire equipment shall only pass to Wellington Event Hire when the hire equipment is returned to the premises and in the physical control or possession of Wellington Event Hire.
- The customer must return all furniture items clean. Where they are not returned in this condition, charges are applicable. The customer accepts that they can not dispute this on the return of the items, for example offer to collect and clean, amend or fix the items themselves.
- A customer can only return hire equipment back to Wellington Event Hire during office hours of between Monday - Friday 10.00am - 4.00pm. We are closed weekends and public holidays.
- Unless otherwise agreed by Wellington Event Hire, if a customer returns hire equipment outside office hours or on weekends and public holidays, the customer agrees an additional $100 fee will be charged to the customer.
- Payment must be made by direct credit transfer. Our bank account details are:
AJH Investments Limited
Bank of New Zealand
Account # : 02-0506-0142014-00
- Wellington Event Hire does not accept credit card payments or any other forms of payment.
- Upon acceptance of the quote, a 50% deposit will be required to be paid within 5 days of accepting the quote, unless otherwise agreed by Wellington Event Hire. The deposit is non-refundable, unless otherwise agreed at the absolute discretion of Wellington Event Hire.
- Where the total value of the quote is less than $500, the balance is required to be paid in full before collection or delivery.
- Where Wellington Event Hire invoices the customer after the hire equipment has been supplied, the invoice must be paid within 7 days of the date of that invoice, unless otherwise agreed by Wellington Event Hire.
- The customer shall pay all sums due to Wellington Event Hire without any set-off, deduction, counterclaim and/or any other withholding monies
- The customer acknowledges that any additional charges in relation to hire equipment damage, breakage or loss will be invoiced to the customer and are also subject to the terms set out under this section.
- If the invoice is not paid in full within the due date, or a date agreed by Wellington Event Hire, additional interest of 15% per month for the outstanding debt may be charged by Wellington Event Hire.
- If in the event that the collection of an overdue account is outsourced to a third party debt Collection Company, the customer agrees that any fee or commission charged by that company will be added to the customers invoice and will become payable as part of the total outstanding debt.
Electrical hire equipment
- If any part of the hire equipment is electrical, it should be used with the original plugs or sockets fitted to it.
- The customer shall ensure it has a suitable supply of electricity for the hire equipment. The customer shall comply with all regulations which apply while the customer is responsible for the hire equipment.
- The customer shall ensure that the hire equipment remains safe, clean and in working order. If the hire equipment breaks down the customer shall report this to Wellington Event Hire immediately. The customer shall not repair the hire equipment unless authorised to do so by Wellington Event Hire.
- The customer will inform Wellington Event Hire immediately if the hire equipment is involved in any accident resulting in damage to the hire equipment or to other property or injury to any person.
Warranties of Wellington Hire Company
- Wellington Event Hire warrants that it will endeavour to ensure the hire equipment is delivered and collected at the times specified. However, Wellington Event Hire can not be held liable for any losses, costs, claims or expenses arising as a result of an event of Force Majure or other circumstances beyond Wellington Event Hire control.
- Force Majure means any event or circumstance which is beyond the reasonable control of Wellington Event Hire including (but not limited to): act of God; industrial actions; war, terrorist act, civil commotion, weather or environmental problems; power failure or explosion, fault or failure of any plant and apparatus which could not have been prevented by prudent operating practice; governmental restraint of any kind.
- Wellington Event Hire warrants that in the event that the hire equipment breaks down Wellington Event Hire will replace or repair the hire equipment as soon as reasonably possible after receipt of the customer's notification of the breakdown.
- Wellington Event Hire shall not be liable to the customer for:
- any indirect loss; or
- any loss, damage, costs, expenses, special damages, consequential losses (including loss of profits and/or damage to goodwill), any economic and/or similar losses, business interruption, loss of business, loss of contracts and opportunity or other claims for compensation arising out of or in connection with:
- any breach by the customer of its obligations under this these Terms; or
- any claims made by a third party in connection with the hire equipment hired under these Terms; and
- death or personal injury arising as a result of use of the hire equipment other than in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions.
- Wellington Event Hire shall not be liable to the customer to the extent that the customer is covered by any policy of insurance arranged as a result of the hire of the hire equipment and the customer shall ensure that the customer's insurers waive any and all rights of subrogation they may have against Wellington Event Hire.
- If Wellington Event Hire is found to be liable in respect of any loss or damage to the customer's property the extent of Wellington Event Hire liability will be limited to the retail cost of the damaged property.
- Wellington Event Hire shall have no liability for additional damage, loss, liability, claims, costs or expenses caused or contributed to by the customer's continued use of defective hire equipment after a defect has become apparent to the customer.
- Wellington Event Hire total liability to the customer under and/or arising in relation to any Contract shall not exceed the total amount stated in the Contract. To the extent that any liability of Wellington Event Hire to the customer would be met by any insurance of Wellington Event Hire then the liability of Wellington Event Hire shall be increased to the extent that such liability is met by Wellington Event Hire.
- Wellington Event Hire has the right to terminate the Contract if the customer: is in breach of any of the terms of the Contract or any of these Terms; or
- the customer becomes bankrupt; or
- the customer acting as a company is wound up or a receiver, administrator or liquidator is appointed over all or part of your assets; or
- the customer enters into any agreement with its creditors or a voluntary agreement is made which affects the customer.
- In the event of Termination all monies owed by the customer to Wellington Event Hire shall immediately become due and payable.
- Any termination of the Contract or the Terms shall be without prejudice to any other rights or remedies a party may be entitled to under the Contract, or the Terms or at law and shall not affect any accrued rights or liabilities of either party nor the coming into or continuance in force of any provision of the Contract or the Terms which is expressly or by implication intended to come into or continue in force on or after such termination.